From our friends at Sherdog.com:
From our friends at Sherdog.com:
- Forrest Griffin b. Tito Ortiz via split decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
- Josh Koscheck b. Anthony Johnson via submission (rear naked choke) at 4:47 of Round Two
- Paulo Thiago b. Jacob Volkmann via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira b. Luiz Cane via TKO (strikes) at 1:56 of Round One
- Amir Sadollah b. Phil Baroni via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
SPIKE TV CARD
- Ben Saunders b. Marcus Davis via KO (knees, punch) at 3:24 of Round One
- Kendall Grove b. Jake Rosholt via submission (triangle) at 3:59 of Round One
- Brian Foster b. Brock Larson via TKO (strikes) at 2:35 of Round Two
- Caol Uno fights Fabricio Camoes to a majority draw (29-27, 28-28, 28-28)
- George Sotiropoulos b. Jason Dent via submission (armbar) at 4:36 of Round Two
UFC President Dana White spoke to Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday and provided yet another update on Brock Lesnar's health status. While it was reported earlier this week that Lesnar was suffering from a bacterial infection in his intestines, it turns out he actually had a hole in his intestine and has not been 100% for an entire year.
"Brock was in big pain, he was hurting.... We don’t know if he’ll ever fight again. He had a hole in his intestine. The (stuff) was leaking into his stomach. That’s what was causing him so much pain. That and he had abscesses. The doctor told him he hasn’t been right for a year. His immune system has been trying to fight this thing and that’s why he was susceptible to getting sick.... We’ll find out more next week. We’re going to send him to the Mayo Clinic for a couple of days. I don’t know what to say. It’s looking better now than last week, but what that means, I don’t know."
Brock Lesnar is scheduled to visit the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN early next week for a battery of tests. His trainer Greg Nelson spoke to the Star Tribune this week and sasid, "No one can tell, but it seems right now it's something he'll definitely recover from." While this should be considered good news, Nelson stressed that it's too early to tell when Lesnar will fight again.
Brock Lensar's chiropractor Larry Novotny has told the Associated Press the UFC Heavyweight Champion has been released from the hospital and is at home in Alexandria, Minn.
Novotny added Lesnar will not be making a decision on his fighting career until his health situation has improved.
Dixie Carter wrote on her twitter page yesterday that Lesnar had undergone minor surgery, so it is a good sign he has been released so quickly after that.
Brock Lesnar will not be back in the UFC anytime soon, according to UFC President Dana White.
Speaking with the media after UFC 105, White indicated the heavyweight champion is very ill and will be out of action for the foreseeable future. He went on to state that an interim title match might need to be set up.
White did little to shed light on the specifics of Lesnar’s condition, but he did state that he has been hospitalized.
“He’s in a hospital up in North Dakota somewhere right now,” said White. “He went to Canada and some bad stuff happened to him, so we’ve got to figure it out.
“He doesn’t want to talk about it publically, but he’s in bad shape. He’s not well and he’s not going to be getting well anytime soon.”
Lesnar pulled out of his Nov. 18 heavyweight title match with top contender Shane Carwin, and reports suggested he had swine flu. But when rumors began to circle about the rescheduled Jan. 2 date being in jeopardy, it was announced that Lesnar had mononucleosis and could be out even longer than originally thought.
Now, after White’s comments, it is apparent that Lesnar is in more dire shape. He is not only suffering from mono but other ailments as well.
“He has other problems too,” continued White, fielding a question about his diagnosis of mononucleosis. “He is not good. He is very, very sick and he’s going to be out for a while.”
White went on to state that the UFC would be doing everything in their power to help Lesnar.
“I am worried about it,” said White of his biggest star’s medical situation. “You know, I can’t really talk about it right now, but he’s in rough shape. He’s in really bad shape … and we’re going to have to do some stuff to take care of this guy. He is not well and he’s not getting any better.
“We’re going to have to send him to the Mayo Clinic or to Scripps, or one of those really good hospitals to figure out what’s wrong with this guy.”
- Vitor Belfort defeated Rich Franklin by Knock Out at 3:02 in the 1st.
- Junior Dos Santos defeated Mirko Cro Cop by Verbal Submission at 2:00 in the 2nd.
- Paul Daley defeated Martin Kampmann by TKO at 2:31 in the 1st.
- Josk Koscheck defeated Frank Trigg by TKO at 1:25 in the 1st.
- Tyson Griffin defeated Hermes Franca by Knock Out at 3:25 in the 2nd.
Efrain Escudero defeated Cole Miller by TKO at 3:36 in the 1st.
Tomasz Drwal defeated Drew McFedries by Rear Naked Choke at 1:03 in the 2nd.
Jim Miller defeated Steve Lopez by TKO at 48 seconds in the 2nd.
Nik Lentz defeated Rafaello Oliveira by Unanimous Decision.
Rick Story defeated Brian Foster by Arm Triangle at 1:09 in the 2nd.
Eliot Marshall defeated Jason Britz by Split Decision.
Vladimir Matyushenko defeated Igor Pokrajac by Unanimous Decision.
Rafael Dos Anjos defeated Rob Emerson by Unanimous Decision.
The Sun Reports:
The 33-year-old Englishman says signing with WWE would be a dream come true.
Speaking exclusively to SunSport, he said: "I am not 100 percent on board yet. I still have to cross some I's and dot some T's but it's looking positive.
"It's been a long time coming for sure. Ten years since I first took a bump and about eighteen since that fateful day I sat in Wembley Stadium [at SummerSlam 1992] and said I was one day going be a pro-wrestler.
"Still, like I said, I don't want to tempt fate until it's all signed sealed and delivered."
McGuiness made his name playing the cocky, punkish, English heel for Ring of Honor, regarded as the number three wrestling group in the United States.
Ring of Honor promoter Cary Silkin said: "Nigel has been a tremendous leader in the Ring of Honor locker room and, without question, a wonderful performer.
"His merits, both in and out of the ring are extraordinary and any locker room with Nigel McGuinness in it is better for it.
"We couldn't be happier for Nigel as he takes the next step in his stellar wrestling career, and we extend our heartfelt gratitude to Nigel for all he's worked for and through."
McGuiness, whose signature move is called The Tower of London, hopes to follow in the footsteps of fellow Brits William Regal, Paul Burchill, Katie Lea and ROH pal Bryan Danielson — who has also inked terms with Vince McMahon's promotion.
Silkin added: "Everyone at Ring of Honor is extremely proud to have called both Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson their own; and we looking forward to seeing their stars shine brighter than ever.
"Like many of the wonderful sons of Ring of Honor that have written new chapters in their wrestling annals, we will look on with a bittersweet smile to the future where we have no doubt that Nigel and Bryan will amaze the masses — just like they've done so many times in Ring of Honor."